Challenges: Almost all manufacturing companies have a Quality Control (QC) Department. The QC team is typically responsible for quality control and assurance including inspection and disposition of purchased material, finished goods or assemblies during production, and often some form of QC inspection, Certificates of Conformance, and sign-off prior to shipping. However, it’s not unusual that the Quality Control Department operates autonomously from the rest of the Manufacturing Systems. They may piece together related applications, use spreadsheets to record / track defects, or use other manual, paper based procedures to maintain inspection test records and other information for audit purposes. This can become a laborious operation. The QC team may find themselves spending the majority of their days creating and maintaining the related “paperwork” instead of being able to tackle the efforts to evaluate and strengthen the quality of their core manufacturing operations. With the goal to improve customer satisfaction and reduce the cost of quality (defects, scrap, rework, etc.). In addition, because the QC team is working with disparate systems, it is more difficult to maintain effective integration with the main Manufacturing or ERP systems. Therefore, accurate and timely reporting of quality information is lacking. This is the treadmill effect. QC runs hard every day just to maintain the current level of quality. Actions to improve product or process quality come slowly.
The Solution: The Quality Control Solutions (QCS) modules offered with SyteLine ERP can address all facets of your companies Quality Control and reporting requirements while giving you a completely integrated application which maintains data, resources, transactions, locations, and workflows within the same SyteLine (SL) database. Since QCS is integrated with SL, all navigation, menus, access to forms, reports, and other information is seamless and can be accessed through the same Master Explorer list of modules. No more exiting from one application to login to another or maintaining separate spreadsheets and records.
Here are just some of the QCS key features and functions:
- QCS can be purchased and implemented through the flexibility of (4) separate modules.
o QCS Supplier for Receiving Inspection of purchased or outside process parts
o QCS In-Process for Production Inspection
o QCS Customer for Shipping inspections, CoCs, RMAs, and Customer complaints
o QCS Enterprise for non-material, continuous improvement QC requirements
- Inspection requirements for the QC team can be automatically generated by events in SL such as PO Receiving and Job Order Release.
- A wide variety of QC codes and parameters can be selected to allow for necessary inspect / disposition action for receiving, production, and shipping.
- Setup, execute, and record results for inspection tests within QCS
- Critical defect cause and analysis, CAR, CAPA information and notes can be easily tracked and maintained for audit purposes.
- Vendor performance can be tracked for purchased material. Vendor status can be setup to identify certified vendors, suspended vendors, and categories in between. This vendor status is integrated with SL Purchasing.
- Track and report on Cost of Quality (scrap, rework, etc.)
- Real time reports that provide the quantity, status, and location of items in QC.
- SyteLine Home Pages can be setup for QC to provide quick access to critical numbers and reports.
- AQL Sampling calculations, Electronic Signature, and SPC reports are available
- The ability to create and manage non-material QC related information such as topics/incidents, change management, and process documentation.
QCS Implementation: Godlan can provide expert consulting services to plan, manage, and execute any combination of the (4) available QCS modules. The trick to a successful QCS implementation is to recognize that quality and quality control is an integral part of each operational process. Therefore, QCS requirements, configuration, and tests must be closely coupled to the same elements in SyteLine. Godlan can provide a powerful combination of Professional Consulting Services with expertise in SyteLine, QCS, and other SL integrated applications.
For more information on how Godlan can help you tackle your Quality Control requirements and improvement goals, contact us by visiting this page on the www.Godlan.com website.