Infor’s ION Technology
Infor’s Intelligent Open Network (ION) technology allows systems, both Infor and non-Infor, to be easily integrated through a platform that provides heavyweight functionality on a lightweight and adaptable framework. This platform loosely couples systems together so they speak the same language but are not dependent upon each other.
Much like the Internet, one application can be upgraded, replaced, or even fail without taking down the entire network. Built using non-proprietary standards, Infor ION provides an open architecture that is flexible, scalable, and adaptable.
Infor ION does its work through several distinct, interrelated systems, each of which can communicate freely with all the others, while maintaining completely synchronized interactivity with all the other parts and with the software you already have.
Infor ION Process —At the heart of Infor ION lies a connective network that lets your applications exchange information quickly and flexibly through a lightweight, loosely coupled system. With Infor ION Connect to unify all the parts, and ION Workflow & Events to streamline your business processes, you have a system that supersedes middleware with something vastly more powerful.
Infor ION Connect—Your applications operate together quickly, so you can seamlessly execute business processes and get fast results because you can:
• Connect easily. Infor ION Connect integrates Infor solutions to each other and to third-party applications, so you can quickly combine whatever solutions you need into a smoothly functioning whole.
• Set up quickly. Infor applications operate with a standard business language, making ION setup easy. You can eliminate the two top integration challenges—the need to translate your data and to map it.
• Operate efficiently. If you’re running a portion of your business in the cloud, ION can exchange data working in a hybrid model. You don’t need to maintain a second, separate integration stack.
Infor ION Pulse —This part of Infor ION creates a data feed that lets your applications transmit business documents to each other and subscribe to whatever kinds of documents are relevant. You can also monitor those messages yourself so that you can keep tabs on your entire business as easily as you’d monitor a social media feed. ION Pulse also enhances that data feed with contextual intelligence to help you make better decisions faster. You can:
• Search at will – Find complete transaction histories rapidly by entering search terms in a Tweetdeckstyle screen.
• Browse transactions – Display the complete ION feed, showing all transactions, on your desktop or mobile screen.
• Filter by interest – Create a filter that shows only the information you’re most interested in, as it happens. For example, you can display only transactions involving certain products or customers.
Infor ION Workflow & Events—There’s a lot more to your business process than software. Infor ION structures the human side of your business process by letting you create, standardize, and monitor your business process and change workflows yourself when you want so that you can:
ION Workflow & Events detects exceptions based on business rules that you define. It can also trigger notifications and alerts directed to the appropriate users with ION Workflow.
ION Workflow & Events offers graphical modeling that lets you design your workflow in a simple flowchart view. This makes it easy to create even complex workflows, and know that they’ll work across applications.
ION Workflow & Event Management detects events that should have happened, but didn’t—for example, a shipment to an important customer that missed its due date. You can make ION Workflow & Event Management alert the right people immediately to address important business issues promptly.
You can set up ION Workflow & Event Management to monitor
service levels to make sure that you meet your performance levels and maintain excellent customer service.
You can create simple or sophisticated workflows to automate document routing and approvals across departments and office locations worldwide.
…Your app is just connected …
…You can go mobile…
…Your financials are in sync with corporate …
…You can monitor your supply chain in real-time for exceptions…
…You have visibility in a heterogeneous environment …
…Your processes can run also in the cloud …
…You can trust your reports …
…You can push the work to end-users …
Infor ION Motion ActivityDeck—A client for ION Pulse, this utility lets you view and interact with the information that you get from Pulse, either on your desktop or on your favorite mobile device. It also lets you inspect and modify the processes you create in ION Workflow & Event management, so that you can continuously improve the way you work. With ION ActivityDeck you’ll be able to:
• Get alerts wherever you are. When events occur outside your business rules, the appropriate Manager knows about it instantly because ION ActivityDeck deploys alerts across the ideal medium—mobile devices.
• Filter information the way you want it. Your managers can use the display columns to filter information based on escalated tasks, highest priority, or oldest pending tasks. Also, built-in search capabilities make it easy to find critical information quickly.
Infor ION Intelligence -Infor ION Intelligence helps you run your business better by delivering relevant management data clearly and accurately soon enough to allow effective action. It also improves the performance of your transactional systems by moving the reporting function onto its own, dedicated
resources, yielding better results all around. And since Infor ION can create rich data connections between many different types of data systems, Infor ION Intelligence can help you see issues affecting different parts of your business that you might not otherwise recognize.