What exactly is a Supply Chain Management System?
Every company has a supply chain that consists of different networks of organizations and facilities that work in tandem to transform the raw materials into the finished product that the company advertises. A Supply Chain Management System is an internal organizational system that manages every step of the process, from the very beginning of ordering and crafting a product, to delivering the product to the customer. There are multiple components of supply chain management software such as:
· Designed to automate and support key steps in the process of orders such as: sales order processing, order fulfillment, overall order management, and billing.
· Designed to help optimize the use of warehouse space and help the entire production in the planning to increase efficiency and enable cost savings.
· Designed to efficiently track order shipments and provide real-time updates for every moment in the shipping process.
· Designed to help manage the day-to-day tasks and functions of the warehouse, including single or multi-warehouse, receiving orders, tracking products, warehouse transfers, cycle counting, kitting & bundling, and shipping.
Sourcing and Procurement
· Designed to help automate a majority of the procurement process to reduce the number of inherent errors and optimize spending in order to better control spending limits and supplier bids.
Each of the components of supply chain management focus on, improve, and automate various functions of the entire process. While each component caters to the needs of various teams within the supply chain, they are most beneficial when connecting / integrating related processes. In order to be the most successful, supply chain management should greatly increase visibility and communication between:
This enables every link of the chain to have the data and visibility needed to be highly effective, eliminating wasted efforts and costs, while also enhancing and improving the customer experience. This ultimately leads to a satisfied client base while greatly reducing overall supply chain costs.
Infor SyteLine provides a suite of enterprise application capabilities which strongly support supply chain management, including sourcing, procurement, purchasing, receiving, materials handling, inventory management, material requirements planning, manufacturing production, warehouse management, picking, packing, shipping, dealer and customer portal access, and sales management. SyteLine provides a well-established and fully integrated solution to strongly support your business in today’s global marketplace.
For more information on Infor SyteLine or how Godlan can help you with your supply chain management needs, please call 586.464.4400 or visit www.godlan.com today.