Have you ever thought, “Why are we still doing manual PO Requisition approval paperwork outside of SyteLine?” Many companies still take the manual route with this process even if the ERP they use is capable of automating it. There are always benefits involved in keeping data inside the ERP system and off paper, but we won’t go in to that here.
Here’s the good news! Godlan has a PO Requisition Approval Process available for Infor CloudSuite Industrial (SyteLine) ERP.
Here is a summary of the features:
1. You can create your own customized approval processes
2. Approval can be tied to Project Cost Codes if you are a Project-driven company
3. The approval processes can contain static approvers (named users) or dynamic approvers (pull-down list on PO Requisition form)
4. The approval process can contain “approvers” or “just notify”
5. The approval process can be dynamic based on value (e.g. $0-$5K, $5K+, or “over budget”)
6. Automatic email sent to next approver when previous approver has approved (e.g. sequential notification)
7. Email contains the PO Requisition Report as an attachment
8. Email contains Approve or Disapprove hyperlinks
9. Automatic email sent to requester alerting them to approval, disapproval, stoppage
10. Automatic email sent to Purchasing to convert the PO Requisition to PO upon approval (security driven)
11. Master Approvers can be setup to Approve/Disapprove even if they are not part of the Approval Process (security driven)
12. Master Approvers can setup Delegates to Approve/Disapprove in their absence
13. Stop Approval functionality (security driven)
14. Timeout functionality (e.g. you have not approved within 24 hours, so you will be skipped), this can avoid weekends too – the timeout duration is configurable
Outdated ERP can leave you dangerously out of touch. A lack of available business information can become a significant problem, no matter how many spreadsheets and workarounds have been developed. A surprising proportion of ERP implementations in operation today were purchased by managers with worries about the Y2K bug in the late 1990s. They were often selected for “safety,” based on fear-driven, backward-looking criteria. To succeed in the present and future environment, manufacturers need an ERP system with a much different focus and direction. Your ERP vendor should be a strategic partner who helps you address the issues you face in actual practice, not just in theory.
For more information about Godlan or Infor CloudSuite Industrial (SyteLine) ERP please visit our “contact” page.