Supporting Key Initiatives for the Fabricated Metals Industry
Fabricated Metals manufacturers facing increased global pressure are stressed to find new efficiencies. Price sensitivity, volatile raw material cost, shorter product lifecycles, and adoption of quality and value added services continue to erode already thin margins. In response, many manufacturers are expanding their traditional business and looking for new opportunities-some in new and unknown markets and others centered in business performance. Lean initiatives are driving many manufacturers to re-engineer business processes from the plant floor to the top floor to the extended supply chain. These same businesses are enjoying business-wide costs savings, reduction in raw material and work in process, improved throughput, and better utilization of existing resources, and improved customer satisfaction. Infor SyteLine ERP understands the demands placed on manufacturers today and helps you respond.
“The speed of implementation was impressive and the cutover was
painless—everything functioned the day after."
-David Hawes, Manager, Carlton Taylor Industries
SyteLine ERP Metal Fabrication Software
Acting as extensions of their customers' engineering and manufacturing operations, fabricators must provide flexible capacity, continuous replenishment, collaborative designs and the ability to vertically integrate sourcing on a global basis. It's imperative for fabricated metal manufacturers to strengthen customer service by creating a feeling of seamless extension with customers. To accomplish this across departments and among business partners, integrated processes and systems complement the manual workflows from design and product lifecycle management to after-sales service and customer relationship management.
Successful metal fabricators are close to their customers - designing the most effective manufacturing processes; meeting quantity, tolerance, and material specifications; and providing a full range of services from design to delivery. Many also profit from offering total outsourced management to service level agreements. SyteLine ERP metal fabrication software integrates global sales, development, production, fulfillment and service management processes, and delivers bottom-line results.
Infor's SyteLine ERP metal fabrication software integrated applications promote standards in day-to-day operating procedures, provide alerts when problems occur, and minimize the errors common to manual processes. It enables metal fabricators to take full advantage of business improvement opportunities like Internet-based sourcing, centralized procurement spending, capacity planning, and fulfillment visibility to realize bottom-line benefits: cost reductions and increased operational efficiencies.
Read the Infor Metal Fabrication Essentials brochure to see how metal fabricators can improve business efficiency, customer service, regulatory compliance, and overall manufacturing productivity.
You may also be interested in reading how the Vertical Industry Program brings together SyteLine ERP metal fabrication software and the latest IBM System x and BladeCenter server technology to meet the specific needs of metal fabricators.
“Since deploying SyteLine, we have greater control over day-to-day
operations and the ability to focus on our future."
-Peter Ma, CFO Superior Fastening Technology
Key Components of SyteLine ERP Metal Fabrication Software
- Fully-Integrated End to End Business Processes - CRM and lead tracking, Quoting, Orders, Planning, Manufacturing / Sourcing, Delivery, Service, and Finance
- Quality Management - Satisfy customers, control costs, and improve processes
- Advanced Planning & Scheduling (APS) - Order driven Available-to-Promise (ATP) and Capable-to-Promise (CTP) promising through distributed multi-site order management capabilities
- Compliance Management - Stay ahead of documentation and certification requirements
- Integrated Maintenance Management with Production Planning and Procurement - Minimize equipment downtime, maintain highest calibration, and manage tooling
- Product Data Management (PDM), Product Lifecycle Management (PLM), Engineering Change Management and Document Management - Complete engineering change control, product lifecycle, and lot tracking across all internal and external operations. Integrate AutoCAD/Autodesk, Pro/E, and SolidWorks with Infor SyteLine ERP software for metal fabrication
- Business Intelligence - Infor SyteLine ERP software for metal fabrication includes sophisticated tools to gather, analyze, and act on data - turning it into useful information for the purposes of planning and decision making
- Robust Microsoft .net Framework and Self-Service Capabilities - Personalization. Online communication, document exchange, customer portal, and collaboration for great customer service
- Automated Data Collection / Mobile Applications - Synchronize your manufacturing and supply chain processes with barcode and mobile technologies to save time, errors, and drive out cost
“Infor SyteLine is helping us not only to reduce costs through less
copying, printing, and scanning, but also to reduce the time it takes to find
the documents we need.”
-Adam Vogini, Information Systems Administrator, Trigon Holding
The Infor SyteLine ERP metal fabrication software solution
can manage many different types of manufacturing modes and processes, including Six Sigma and lean flow techniques, giving you greater control from start to finish.